Photo op or what?
As I was browsing my favorite food blogs today I came across one in particular that gave me the feeling that the Obama romance has invaded those as well.
Hell, I want to read and learn about cooking,food preparation, and what's new. Not the oozing discomforting lahling about the Obama's first garden since Eleanor planted hers in the '40's. Granted, she, Eleanor, used this as a photo op as well. But come on....
Back then it was a government wish list to plant your garden and help the troops. How....food was less plentiful then, it traveled great distances, and our markets were not as plentiful and diverse as they are today. And good for that effort....tens of millions of pounds of food was produced by individual gardeners.
Do you get the impression that this is more political than meets the eye? A ploy, we're being played on yet another invasive level? That wasn't rocket science to reach that conclusion.
I plant a garden. I live rural. I have the space, willingness, and tools to do that. I've done it for years. Only this year I'm making a drastic switch....all containers. Heck, I've got a collection of Tidy Cat containers that are not going to waste. Uh, recycle? Here is something for the books...I'm ahead of the crowd, leading the crowd...or just being sensible.
I'm truly intrigued at how far this first family will go. I need that garden, food prices have skyrocketed and as I said I live rural, meaning not everything I need is readily available. I do buy local as well, plenty of farmers here who don't use pesticides. So what's the big deal.
The big deal is.....I don't have $540.00 dollar sneeks on and no one gives a hoot that I've planted a garden. RD
Tuesday, May 5, 2009
Victory gardening at the White House
Posted by Unknown at 4:07 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment