Thursday, January 29, 2009

Much to my surprise and dismay I haven't written anything for a very long time. It is perplexing to me since I have an opinion on most everything.

Due to the political upheavel, economic demise, climate of the Eastern Shore I have fallen into the malaise of the discontented, and can't do anything about it anyway mode. This folks is unlike me.

To sooth my aching disturbed soul I have set the wheels in motion on home improvements. Yes, this may indeed be the third or fourth time for this house that will not co-operate with my beautification efforts. This time however, is different..that is what I tell myself. A purpose, a goal, a reachable conclusion. Sell this baby in all of its bland splendor and get out.

The 'Housewives of Orange County' have nothing on me. They do the glamour, I'm told, I do the meat and potatoes. Political, economic upheaval aside, this is not a comfort zone for me. I think I know were one exists, and I'm motivated to 'get on down'.

I also came to the conclusion that I'm more interested in food than Obama, or his administration or any goings on in Washington D.C. I find that reading these radical followers is too cultish for my taste. Hey, ask a few questions, why don't you? See, I told you, I'm quite over that blood pressure raising part of my life.

So, for your enjoyment as well as mine I have included the very beginning of blogs I have been following daily. Food is far more objective than politics and rancor. Also, a little known fact...I know about food, and so do you.

We know what we like. We know what sounds good . And in my case, what would be locally available. I'm going to give it a try. Plus I will include the daily 'goings on' in my neck of the woods....did I just say that?

This is for me. It still is my journey, I'm taking it with eyes wide open...not that I was blinded in the past, but a little maturity always helps. Join me if you care.

0 comments: